Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 4, 2014 - Our lives are changing

Already I feel our lives changing....

The house is moving toward emptiness and the boat to be our home.  I made our bed this afternoon at the house and felt some dejavu’ from my past.  I was making our bed which is now on the floor, as our furniture has moved to storage, and I was remembering the old times.  I moved from the east coast of the USA and spent my first months in the Seattle area on a foam pad that was my bed back in 1990.   I made the leap from east coast to west coast without a job or friends/family in the area, to know that I could be whatever I set my mind to be.  I could make it happen.   Wow, fast forward, getting up from the floor today is something to remember after 23 years of life here and many years on these bones!  I can honestly say that the leap I made to move west and the desire to meet people with the same passions as I have had was well worth it!  Follow your dreams and make your life worthwhile, you only have one!  I would not change that decision I made, even with all the wonderful  friends around me; to leave everyone and everything that was my foundation, to transition to an environment that I felt would embrace the person that I am.   I retain those relationships, friendships, and memories from the east and have made/enjoy so many friendships and fond memories with those that I feel as part of our extended family.  This small town life we live here I would not trade, thank you so much La Conner and families for making our life here so very precious.  Thank you ALL for being a part of my life, my families life, as you all help round out where we have come from and our foundation for what comes next.  I feel confident in our adventure, but without Steve being the solid foundation for our family, this trip could not happen.  He is the superman in our adventure and a true rock in the family.    Here we go, I am so excited to have this adventure with my family......

No comments:

Post a Comment